In year 3 we study a number of writers.
In Autumn we study:
- Flood (picture book);
- George's Marvellous Medicine (narrative);
- Holiday Brochure;
In Spring we explore:
- Egyptian Cinderella (character descriptions);
- Stone Age Boy (narrative);
- Escape from Pompeii (setting descriptions);
- Bushfire (poetry)
In the Summer term we will be covering:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (presenting);
- Inspiration for Jubille writing by Gangsta Granny (narrative);
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (narrative)
- The Sound Collector (poetry)
We also cover lots of class texts in which we read for pleasure. The children have loved exploring these different texts and get a sense for different writing styles when reading:
Autumn Reading for Pleasure:
- Toto the Ninja Cat: The Great Snake Escape;
- The Boy in the Dress;
- The Leaf Thief;
- Ice Palace.
Spring Reading for Pleasure:
- The Iron Man;
- Secrets of a Sun King.
Summer Reading for Pleasure:
- The Tale of Desperaeux;
- The Queen's Nose;
- Beaver Towers.